Our countryside hotel is located in a nature reserve, between Annaberg-Buchholz and Geyer. For nature lovers and hikers, it´s a truly beautiful area. Botanical treasures, such as the wild orchid “Mann’s orchid” or the pink-blooming “French Meadow rue” – are only selected examples of a many-sided flora and fauna.
A nature trail starts directly from our hotel. Whether on long hiking or by car, the Ore Montains invites to a lot of attractions and sights. Our packages will help you to find the worthwhile destination.
Our Waldgasthof & Hotel “Am Sauwald” in Tannenberg, owes its name to the forest surrounding the house. The name Sauwald dates back to the 18th century, when large hunts took place here. Witnesses, such as the so-called Saufang, can still be found near the village of Dörfel.
Our Countryside Hotel offers to you:
- 19 Double and 1 single room
- All with en-suite bathroom with shower, TV and phone
- Free WIFI access in all rooms
- Free parking, also for buses
- Flower and ticket service on request
- Picnic backpacks and lunchboxes, with local specialities on request
- Laundry and ironing service on request